ADD AN EDGE TO YOUR TRAINING
Adult Bouldering League
Find the competitive spirit, form a team with your friends, and go head-to-head with other teams at Bloc Garten. At the end of each session, scores for each week will be totaled and a winning team each session will be immortalized on the Bouldering League Champions Plaque and receive a $400 cash prize.
Date: 8 week league, January 19 – March 16
Time: 5 – 9 PM
Cost: $30 for members, $60 for non-members
- Teams must be comprised of 2-6 Climbers; all climbers are welcome. Team name must be presented at the time of signup, name can be changed. Scoring will be done on paper scorecards handed out during League times.
- Non-members do not have to pay for entry during the League meeting time but will be required to pay for entry outside of League meetings.
- See any gym staff to assist with registration questions or email the Bouldering League Coordinator at Joe@5.life.
Rules and Scoring:
- Each climber will have their top 3 boulder sends averaged with that of the other climbers on their team to give each team a weekly score.
- Each team will have their scores totaled at the end of the session to determine the winner.
- Scores will be based off your registered flash grade.
- Flash grade sends will be worth 200 points
- one grade above flash will be worth 1000 points
- two grades above flash will be worth 2000 points, etc.
- ex – if your flash grade is Orange you would earn 200 points for sending an orange, 1000 for sending a blue, 2000 for sending pink etc.
- Each team will have their lowest week’s score dropped from the final score.
- Climbs will be limited to the two newest sets and the competion wall at Bloc Garten.
- All climbs must be seen and signed by someone not on your team, so another team or staff member during meeting time. Videos do not count.
- Opportunities for bonus points will include posting and tagging @Blocgartencbus and/or @climbingby5.life with the hashtag #BlocABL.
512 Maier Place
Columbus, OH 43215